banana’s….sometimes i just end up with so many ripe bananas i go on a cooking rampage using them up.
i know i know i could freeze them…but i don’t… i frantically try to find a new recipe that requires the use of bananas.
yep that is what i do….as a result the mini banana muffins happened and now these banana bars…and to give you a heads up another mini muffin will be popping up next week…all because of my over ripe bananas….and maybe me just buying too many banana’s. haha
and another confession i think i am baking a lot more of these types of recipes so i can bring a morning snack to my son’s school and also to the kids sunday school class
i am teaching. i just love any reason to make and bring something
i liked that these had a nice light frosting. so nothing too messy.
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups mashed very ripe bananas - about 2
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbs. milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together the sugar, yogurt, softened butter, and eggs. Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla. In a seperate bowl mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda then add to the banana mixture.
- Spread into a greased cookie sheet pan 10x15x1 bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While the bars are cooling make the glaze. Whisk the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla together and spread over top.
recipe adapted from Six Sister